If you’re planning on taking the family on a road trip this winter season, making sure that you are organized and prepared will keep your family happy and minimize the stress of the trip. Here are some tips on how to get you and your family ready for your road trip:
- Make sure to plan breaks along the way. A short break every couple of hours is recommended. These could be at rest stops or gas stations, just a chance to get out of the car and stretch your legs. If kids are traveling along, you may find that bathroom breaks will be needed during these breaks, too.
- Schedule out activities during the car ride. For instance, have a nap time, a reading time, a movie time (if possible), and maybe a snack time. This will help keep the kids occupied and also keep them from getting overwhelmed during the car ride.
- Have plenty of snacks and drinks on hand. Kids are especially going to get hungry along the way, and it won’t hurt the driving adults to have a snack as well to keep their energy up. This will also help to save money along the way as well.
- Pack comfortably! Be sure to bring pillows and blankets for the kids and other passengers.
- Be sure to have your vehicle inspected here at ABR Houston before you leave, preferably about a week before your scheduled trip. This will allow us to check over your vehicle and make sure that you won't find yourself with car trouble along the way.
We hope these tips will help your family stay happy and healthy during your upcoming winter road trip! To ensure that your vehicle is ready for anything, be sure to stop by ABR Houston for an inspection before you hit the road.